Opening March 28 in the former blacksmith warehouse more recently known as Bing Crosby’s restaurant, Corners Tavern (1342 Broadway Plaza) is taking it back to Walnut Creek’s old-school roots. Apparently the city was first named the Corners in 1849. A collaboration between experienced restaurateurs Mitchell and Steven Rosenthal and Doug Washington (Town Hall, Salt House, Anchor & Hope) and Tim Harmon and Jon Swanson (Paragon, El Dorado Kitchen), the restaurant draws inspiration from the classic English pub, adding in whimsical design details that probably wouldn’t be found in Old Blighty. Hallucinatory floor patterns are created by pennies, snake cages divide seats in the lounge, faux taxidermy livens up the walls, and the maple-top bar is shaped like a horseshoe.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.